Nepal has a range of trekking regions that amaze you in every way. Primarily for safety and security trekking permit has to be issued by trekkers. Similarly, helps to maintain a database and carry out efficient rescue operations in need. In addition, some trekking areas are well protected and controlled which demands special permits to visit. The list of permit areas are:

1. Permits for Restricted Area

Some trekking areas are highly controlled and listed as restricted areas by the government. These trekking routes are only issued to groups, not to individual trekkers. The permit is issued by the Department of Immigration located at Dillibazar, Kathmandu.

Tel: 977-01-4429659/4429660/4438862/4438868
Fax: 977 – 1 – 4433934 /4433935
Email: [email protected]

For all of the permit fees check this link:

Note: To get the permit, an application form has to be submitted with relevant documents through a registered company.

2. Entry Permit for the Conservation Area

Entry fee per person for

  • Annapurna Conservation Area ( ACAP)
  • Manaslu Conversation Area ( MCA)
  • Gaurishankar Conservation Area ( GCA)

For SAARC Nationals: NPR 200

For other Nationals: NPR 3000

The following location issues the required permits:


Nepal Tourism Board, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu (for Annapurna, Gaurishankar & Manaslu)
Opening hours: Sunday to Friday except on public holidays. 9 am – 5 pm


Nepal Tourism Board, Tourist Service Centre, Pardi Damside (for Annapurna only)
Opening hours: Sunday to Friday except on public holidays. 10 am – 5 pm


  • An entry fee is not required for children under 10 years of age.
  • The permit is valid for only one conservation area and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • 2 pp size photos are required while applying.
  • The entry permit has to be carried on your own during the entire trip.

3. National parks entry Permits

There are national parks in Nepal as Sagarmatha National Park, Langtang National Park, Chitwan National Park, and the like. Since it is built to conserve nature and wildlife, a certain entry permit is necessary. Such a permit has cost as per the national parks. The proper permit is necessary to enter these protected places for which the prices will differ as shown below:

4. Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS)

TIMS card is a must thing for each trekker while trekking in different regions of Nepal. This system supports having a database of all the trekkers which is utilized especially at the time of any kind of accident. The rescue operation is faster and easier. In addition, this will keep track of all the visitors and it will be easy to locate them if they lose track just in case. Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) and the Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) started TIMS in 2008. TIMS can be obtained on working days from the following places:

1. Kathmandu:

  • NTB Office
  • TAAN Office and
  • Government-registered trekking Companies

2. Pokhara

  • NTB Office,
  • TAAN Office and
  • Government-registered trekking Companies

Note: A copy of the Passport and 2 copies of the pp size of photographs are needed.