- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Difficulty: Easy
- Trip Style: Tea House Lodge Trek
- Transport: Private Vehicle / Aeroplane
- Food: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Accommodation: Hotel + Tea House Lodge
- Group Size: 4
- Max Elevation: 4353m
- Lo-Manthan; Forbidden Kingdom
- Panorama View of world’s 7th highest mountain-Dhaulagiri and Gangapurnna, Tukuche, Manaslu, Thorang
- Kali Gandki George, World’s Deepest George
- Muktinath Temple- high value for Buddhists and Hindus
- Traditional Palaces, Monasteries and caves formed in high cliffs
- Ghar Gumba- oldest monatries
- Hills with vibrant shades pink, brown, grey and glaciers
- Desert landscape with spires and cliffs as well as dense green hills and woods
- Kagbeni - Holy Kaligandaki river valley
- Diversified culture, tales and lifestyle of Gurung, Tibetan, Thakali, Managey and like
- Unique history of Lo-Manathang
- Off and bumpy Road Adventure
- Road ways through the cliff of hills
- Restricted area, requires special permit
Day 1Arrival to Kathmandu
Day 2Preparation in Kathmandu
Day 3Drive to Pokhara
Day 4Drive to Kalopani 2300m
Day 5Drive to Kagbeni via Dhumba lake
Day 6Drive to Ghami
Day 7Drive to Lo-Manthang
Day 8Explore Lo-Manthang
Day 9Drive to Chhuksang
Day 10Drive to Jomsom via Muktinath
Day 11Fly to Pokhara
Day 12Drive to Kathmandu
Day 13International departure for homeward bound
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Welcome and farewell dinner at typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance
- 3 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu ground transportation by private vehicle.
- 4WD Jeep Pokhara to Lo-Manthan to Pokhara by Jeep
- 3 meals a day during the trip (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) as mention in the itinerary.
- Accommodation while trekking in twin sharing basis in guesthouses.
- Jomsom to Pokhara by Flight
- Annapurna conservation area permit and (TIMS) card.
- Upper Mustang special restricted area permit fee.
- Professional government license holder English speaking trekking guide, one assistance
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation, and Insurance for the Guide and driver.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag during the trek. (Refundable after finish the trip, If needed)
- Company T-shirt, appreciation letter and Trip map
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government VAT, Entrance monument fees and local taxes.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, etc.
- Beverages, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, boiled water during the trekking.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Passport & Visa
All foreign nationals, except Indian citizens, need visas to enter Nepal. Getting a visa must be the easiest one though. You just have to go to the Nepalese Embassy/consulate in your country or it can also be obtained upon your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport. To get a visa, you need to bring 2 pp size photos, visa fees, and a valid passport.
Tourist Visa Fees: 3 days transit visa - Free of Cost
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
For more information, please contact the Department of Immigration.
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 | 4438862 | 4438868 | 4433934
Means of Transport
Tourist bus or private vehicle and walking. All the cost is already included unless otherwise noted.
Travel insurance is a must when you travel abroad. Therefore before you come to Nepal, please make sure you have your insurance documents with you since our insurance companies cannot insure foreign nationals. Because of the reason that they cover all the expenses if you face some unfortunate happenings and you have to be rescued or medically assisted during the trip or if your belongings are lost or stolen.
We have arranged for a single traveler to pay for a single trip only. He has to share the accommodation with other people of same-sex though while he can also join the other groups.
Foods and Accommodations
All meals are provided during trek while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Generally, traditional Nepalese(daal, Bhat, curry, and pickle), Tibetan, Continental, Indian and other cuisines are available in the local lodges/teahouses. There will also be welcome and farewell dinner for guests in Kathmandu. In Kathmandu, you'll be staying in the best quality standard hotel, on a twin-sharing basis. On trekking, accommodations are simple yet comfortable on-mountain lodges. Toilets and bathrooms need to be shared in some teahouses.
Note: Single room is always available but only on special request and spending extra bucks.
Health and Fitness required
No previous experience is required since its a moderate trek. But you being a healthy person, physically and mentally is very important. It is better if we prepare ourselves a few days/weeks prior to the start of the trek by jogging and running regularly since well be walking a lot of ups and downs in the hills, ridges, villages, and mountains. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions should inform us beforehand.
First Aid Kit/High Altitude Sickness
Nepal Adventure Team strongly suggests that you have your own personal first aid or medical kit. This trip takes you to some high altitudes though not much but the slow walks and regular stops between the walks will help you acclimatize on high altitude saving you from the high altitude sickness called AMS(acute mountain sickness). Gaining altitude without proper consideration of AMS is fatal.
Your Guide and Porter
Since the mountain trekking takes you to the remote places over high altitudes, the leader should have a piece of significant knowledge in the field so that he can wonderfully and safely lead you there clearing any obstacles on the way. We, Nepal Adventure Team can proudly say that our guides are highly qualified for the role. They are fully trained, experienced and licensed. They have undergone a whole lot of training to make themselves useful in various situations and to make your journey a smooth and pleasant one.
Our porters are always fully equipped with the gears they need and as per the company policy, they are always insured and completely looked after. They are our backbone. We allow a maximum weight of 25kg to be carried by one porter. We make sure that they are well paid and well treated.
Best Time to Travel
The best time for trekking to the Annapurna circuit is Spring(March to May) and Autumn(September to November) because the weather is warm and moderate while the view and visibility are the best. The winter is also somehow fine but the monsoon is the less frequented time because of the occasional heavy rain and when the roads might be troublesome.
Equipment and Packing Lists
After booking with Nepal Adventure Team, please pack necessary items as listed:
1. Travel documents: passport, visa(if you have), travel insurance, air tickets, voucher, passport photo (x 2)
2. Bank card or credit cards, travelers' cheque, etc
3. Comfortable boots and runners/sports shoes.
4. 6-8 pairs of socks woolen/cotton.
5. Fleece jacket, Down / Duvet Jacket and Rain / windproof jacket.
6. Gloves- 2 pairs.
7. T-shirts 4-6 pcs, shirts(woolen/cotton).
8. A cap for day and a woolen hat or Balaclava for evening/morning wear.
10. Short and tracksuits.
11. Sleeping bag (4 seasons) with inner liner.
1. Large and small towels.
3. Water bottle.
4. Sun /snow glass.
5. Ski / walking poles(optional but useful).
6. First Aid/medical kit.
8. Duffel Bags(carried by porters or animals).
9. Torch / Flashlights with spare batteries.
10. Pen knife/ Swiss knife.
11. Scarf/mask (for dust and wind).
12. Personal hygiene stuff.
13. Any other extras you feel are necessary like binocular, cameras, books, journals, and more.
Trekking has been long established in Nepal, so the itineraries are modified and moderated in such a way that you can take it easy and slow. DO NOT RUSH AND ENJOY. There is plenty of time and the guide will keep track of you all the time. It might be a bit harder or a bit colder but you will get used to it.
Every traveler is different and they spend their own way. Some spend on food and drinks while others on souvenirs. Either way, consider your own spending habits and also tipping, emergency fund($200), etc before you pack up and leave.
Trip Specific Safety
Your guide is always there for your safety concerns and looking after your valuables. But you have to be equally careful. Carry some sort of wallet or belt for your important documents and money. The hotels have the safety deposit box where the lock is recommended before passing the luggage.
A Couple of Rules
Possession or use any illegal drugs is totally intolerable. It is because of the law that respects the local people and their culture. The group will be expelled in such a case.
Nepal Adventure Team strongly believes that we all are equally responsible to act in favor of the local people and the surrounding environment. Our clients too have an important role to
a. respect the local laws, custom and their beliefs
b. always ask for permission before doing something in the local or consult to the leader
c. keep the area the same as you found it as, wherever you go and dispose of rubbish
d. support local skills to encourage positive sides of tourism.
Feedback and Reviews
This is very very important for us. After your travel, we want your feedback whether it is good or bad since that's the way we can thrive further. To motivate you to finish the review or feedback online, we are going to give you an 8% discount on your next trip with us. Outstanding, ain't it!
For all the additional information, go to Contact Us.
+977 1 4416756
+977 9851234322 (Jeeban)