Dashain Festival Tour is one of the best festival tour packages in Nepal. offering a variety of rich traditions and customs of different ethnicity, and religions, culturally diverse countries; Nepal is also known as the land of festivals. Traversing through the charming villages of Dhading District such as Raute village, Selle village, and Myagang village of Nuwakot District as well, this tour lets you indulge in virgin trekking trail to see the rare unbeaten natural and cultural beauty of mind-blowing Ganesh Himal Trekking Region which is still not crowded by thousands of trekkers and is desperate to welcome its trekkers. Marvelous views of Mount Annapurna Range, Mount Manaslu, and Ganesh Himal Range from beautiful Selle village, and the jaw-dropping view of Langtang Himal Range of Myagang is enough to enthrall any trekkers.
There is no doubt that the Dashain Festival Tour is a remarkable festival tour where you can observe the cultural rituals and ceremonies of the greatest Dashain festival. Our 8 night 9 days Dashain Festival Tour presents you with the perfect combination of the festival tour with hiking, and trekking opportunities to learn the rituals and importance of fascinating Dashain festivals. Traversing through the virgin trail to the non-touristic trekking region lets you embark on a heavenly place called Raute village where you will be staying for three days. It is a must-visit destination where you feel at home even though you are at an unknown place where you can find the honest and friendliest people on earth, and the feeling where you feel at home in an unknown place is indescribable.
In addition, while staying at Raute village, you can observe the way Magar celebrates the Dashain Festival while enjoying the special cultural program on the auspicious occasions of the Dashain Festival. Having a delicious feast, you can join the singing and dancing performance because we believe that sharing the happiness means double the happiness. On top of that, traversing through charming villages with the senior leaders of the Nepal Adventure Team, you can unlock the eternal beauty of charming villages like Selle, Kuri, and Myagang where you can take a look at the Tamang culture, and customs too. With beautiful rural mountain landscapes, lush green forest and vegetation with small rivers, ebullient flow of streams, and pristine lakes, Dashain Festival Tour presents absolutely beautiful trekking in Nepal experience that is sure to be engraved into your memories.
Therefore, if you want to gain rich cultural experience, explore the charming village, and take part in the biggest and most awaited Dashain festival, then there is no better option than joining Dashain Festival Tour in Nepal with Nepal Adventure Team because we guarantee there is much more to see in Nepal which offers cultural diversity in some of the most unexpected ways. It would be an amazing experience to learn about a new festival and visit a new place at its best. Moreover, it would be a fantastic journey to the right place, at a right time.
The Greatest Festival Dashain in Nepal
Unarguably one of the important festivals of Nepal, Dashain is popularly known as “Bijaya Dashami”, where Bijaya stands for winning and Dashami stands for tenth. Mainly celebrated by the Hindu religion, Dashain honors the victory of good over evil. Not to mention Dashain means Kite fluttering across clear blue skies, buying new clothes, eating a delicious meal, and time to gather around your families and meet relatives as well. You can also click this link Nepal Festival Tour for once-in-a-lifetime festival tours in Nepal. Through this tour, you can take a part in auspicious occasions where you can have a real connection with local inhabitants.
Dashain Festival Tour in Nepal lets you understand how tradition, norms, and values play a significant role in Nepalese culture and society.
Ritual and Cultural Fact of Dashain
According to Hindu mythology During the Satya Yuga (Era of Truth), the Mahisasur-the demon who tortured human beings and is blindfolded by his power was challenged by Goddess Durga. Soon the battle between good vs evil started on Shukla paksha which is now celebrated as Ghatasthapana; the first day of the Dashain Festival. The first nine days symbolize the battle between nine different forms of Goddess Durga and Mahisasur. The 10th day where Goddess Durga killed Mahishasura is celebrated as the main and important day of the Dashain festival which symbolizes the victory of good over evil. On this day you can see how the rituals of elders put Tika and Jamara (the sacred grass) on the forehead of younger relatives and exchanging blessing and Dakshina (small amount of money) makes a great impact on Nepalese Culture and people. The Dashain is celebrated actually for15 days.
Another belief about the Dashain celebration is again from the Hindu mythology Ramayana where Prince Ram saved his beloved wife, Sita, from the clutches of demon king Ravan.
There are so many Rituals and Cultural fact of Dashain which has their own religious belief.
- During the Dashain festivals, people make extra effort to make sure their house is cleansed and beautifully decorated.
- On the first day of Dashain-Ghatasthapana, people installed Kalash filled with holy water and covered sideways by cow dung, and seeded with barley and other grains.
- On the 7th Day, which is called “Phulpati”, 7 types of flowers and fruits are offered to Maa Durga and her nine different forms.
- On the 8th Day, which is called “Maha Asthami”, people worshipped Kali Maa; the fiercest form of Goddess Durga. There is a belief that bloodthirsty Kali Maa, is appeased through the sacrifice of buffalo, goat, hen, and ducks. And after the offering of blood animals, people cooked its meat as “Prasad” or food blessed by divinity.
- The 9th Day is called “Maha Navami”, people worshipped “Vishwakarma”, a god of creation.
- The 10th Day is called “Vijaya Dashami” where the head of the family member prepared “Tika”, a mixture of rice, yogurt, and vermilion, along with Jamara which is sown in the Ghatasthapana, to put on the forehead of younger relatives.
We at Nepal Adventure Team, have a whole blog about the Dashain Festival of Nepal where you can read detailed rituals and cultural facts about the Dashain festival.
How is Dashain Festival Celebrated?
Dashain is celebrated with great pleasure. We celebrate Dashain Festival following the ancient old rituals and customs, which are handled by our ancestors. Before the Dashain, Dashain preparation is a great deal here in Nepal. People tend to cleansed their houses thoroughly and decorate them beautifully. Worshipping Goddess Durga throughout the nation, we celebrate Dashain by seeking blessings from Goddess Durga and from elders who put this tika and Jamara on our forehead and bless us with prosperity and lots of Happiness.
People returned to their village from Kathmandu during the Dashain. Besides this flying Kite, buying new clothes for the whole family, and having delicious meals which include a lot of meat items plays an important role in Dashain Festival. All kinds of people from the rich to the poor people celebrate Dashain according to how much they can afford. All people enjoy the festive mood and the longest national holiday. During these days people laze around and play cards together with family. In addition, Wooden Ferris wheels (rote ping), and traditional swings (Linge ping) are built and held in villages to entertain people. People believe that playing a swing at least once a year means leaving the ground for a minute which is important during Dashain Festival in Nepal.
The Benefit of the Dashain Festival Tour
- Dashain Festival Tour is the perfect combination of nature and culture tours with Hiking and trekking opportunities.
- With the end of the monsoon, you can have the best season to travel in Nepal during the tour and trek around the mountain valley.
- Dashain Festival Tour will let you check out the off-the-beaten-path destinations before the crowds do.
- Spectacular Annapurna Range, Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang Mountain Range will make your jaw drop.
- Dashain Festival Tour lets you observe the ceremonies, rituals, and beliefs related to the Dashain festival.
- Through the picturesque trekking trail, the Dashain festival Tour takes you to a beautiful charming village
- This tour provides you perfect opportunity to live like locals and feel at home.
When is Dashain Celebrate?
Dashain festival is usually celebrated as per the lunar calendar which falls from September to October. Dashain starts from a bright lunar fortnight (Shukla Paksha) and ends on the day of the full moon (Poornima).