Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Camping Trek
Transport: Private Vehicle / Aeroplane
Food: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Group Size: 2
Max Elevation: 4949m
- Explore the Tibetian, Buddhism, and Bon Po culture
- Witness rare flora and fauna like Pine trees, Blue Sheep, Jackle, snow leopard, musk deer, and more
- Cross the highest elevation of 4949 m at Nyalu La Pass and 4620 at Nara La pass
- Visit Laikyo Gompa, Lhundrup Choeling Gompa, Namkha Khyung Dzong Monastery, Dhungkar Choezom Monastery, Richening Gompa
- Serene View of the Limi river, Sali river, Lake Selma Tso, and Karnali River
- Panoramic view of Mt. Kailash and Mount Saipal
- Pass through Majgaon, Simikot, Kerni village, Yanger village
19 days Limi Valley trek is a mystical land in the most remote area of north-western Nepal, Humla district. The isolated villages which have not been touched by modern development show the authentic and raw side of the Karnali region. The ancient Buddhist monasteries, Gompa, Chortans, and mani walls take you back in time. Sitting near the border of Nepal and China, you get to experience the various cultures and traditions of different communities living in harmony.
The day-to-day lifestyle of the communities living in Humla is interwoven with their age-old customs and traditions which you will vividly witness as you walk pat numerous villages. With spectacular views of snow-capped Mt. Kailash, and Mount Saipal following you throughout the trail towards the highest elevation of 4949m at Nyalu La pass, the trek is one of a kind. Since the region falls under Restricted Area, which has been left isolated, there is a great possibility of spotting wildlife like snow leopard, blue sheep, jackals, musk deer, hyenas, and more. Sleeping amidst the age-old Buddhist villages and eating authentic Tibetan, Nepali food gives you a warm sense of belonging during the tour.
After a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, you begin your trek from Simikot and eventually pass through Kermi, Muchu, Yari, Hilsa to cross Nara La pass. You will then walk across the Limi River and numerous villages like Yanger, Majgaon, and other Tibetan and Hindu villages. The off-beat track leads you to Talung, Shinjungma to cross the Nyalu La pass and eventually back to Kermi.
We, at Nepal Adventure Team, are very concerned about your safety. Keep in mind that your leader has the full authority to modify or cancel any part of the itinerary if demanded by the safety concerns. Even though the trip is well planned and every effort is made to operate with the itinerary in hand, a little change might occur in the course because of various unfamiliar conditions. So you are requested to be flexible as per the conditions.
Permit and rules
- Since Limi Valley trekking in Nepal falls under Restricted Area, so a Restricted Area Trekking Permit must be taken. Immigration Office in Kathmandu issues it.
- A District Development Committee (DDC) tax of Nrs. 1000 per trekker must be paid in Simikot. Consult our NAT agents regarding the permit and tax.
The modes of transportation for this trip will generally be through Jeeps and helicopter/ domestic flights. Most of the days require trekking.
Food and Accommodation
The cost includes all the meals and accommodation facilities. However, luxurious personal expenses will be excluded. You will stay at Hotels, Guesthouses, Homestay or tens as facilitated. While in Kathmandu, you will be staying at a 3-star hotel. You will be provided with fresh, hygienic, nutritious, and authentic Nepali, Tibetan dishes.
Travelers are expected to carry additional money in case of emergency or as per their spending habits and luxury needs.
The guides are thoroughly acquainted with the trip and are well experienced.
The limited medical facility will be provided during the trip since we will be traveling to one of the most remote areas in Nepal. The guides will handle any medical issues. However, you should also carry your medical kit.
- A day or two shall be kept extra for any possible bad weather condition
- It is recommended that you don’t carry unnecessary baggage since you will have to walk for 6-7 hours per day.
- You will have to pay an extra cost if you hire porters or pony other than the ones we provide.
- For those traveling in monsoon, it is advised that you keep 2/3 days extra and the return ticket from Nepalgunj open dated since the weather may be bad.
- The climate will range from mildly windy or windy to snow clouds on this trip.
Fitness and health
You will be trekking through high altitudes of up to (4949 m) so you need to provide details about any health conditions you have before the trip. It is best that you have travel insurance while traveling to a foreign country. It is advised that you regularly exercise for over two weeks before going on this trek. You will be required to walk for 6-7 hours per day through steep passes, hilly terrains since it is categorized as a relatively difficult trek. You might also be a victim of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) since the altitude goes up to (4949 m). To avoid AMS you must take rest from time to time and not exhaust yourself.
You will solely be responsible for your personal belongings that you carry on the trip.
- Duffel/Rucksack Bag
- Down Jacket
- Travel Documents and passport size photos
- Boots or trekking shoes
- Water bottle
- Cap and woolen hat
- Walking poles
- Penknife/Swiss Army knife
- Personal hygiene products and toiletries
The trek is generally regarded to be moderately challenging and takes up to around 19 days to conclude. The best season for the tour is during spring and autumn which runs from March to May and September to October respectively. The extraordinary view of the high standing mountains and the peaceful rivers and lakes take away all of the challenges that arise on the trek. Humla’s Limi Valley package is one of the most fascinating and culturally enticing tours you will ever be on. We, at Nepal Adventure Team Pvt. Ltd., have formed a well-constructed itinerary so that you have an enjoyable trip with optimum safety.